Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What did you use to smoke before switching
I have gone a week now with no smoking just vaping and i am quite proud of myself. I has been so easy. I smoked a pack a day of camel crush and now none Big Grin
I was wondering the following:
1. What brand did you smoke and how many packs a day?
2. Did you quit cold turkey or slowly wean yourself off?
3. How many puffs equals to what you used to smoke in one cig? {Seven good hits here}

I started smoking mainly Camel and Marlboro Reds, but as prices went up over the next decade I switched to generic full flavor menthols like Maverick and Pall Mall. I have always smoke 1-2 packs a day.

For the first month or so I forced myself to use my vape in the morning when I woke up, after meals, and after exerting myself physically (the times when most people REALLY need a smoke.

Throughout the rest of the day though, I allowed myself a few cigs and eventually I just forgot to light up a real cig.

3. How many puffs equals to what you used to smoke in one cig? {Seven good hits here}

lol it depends on what device or mod i am using at the time because a decent pull off of my mechanical mod with a .5 ohm dual coil is probably equal to the smoke from half a cig.

But I just wanted to wrap up with saying that you are doing great and just remember that if it comes down to a choice between going back to smoking full time or just having one every couple days, don't beat yourself up if you have a cig here and there lol.

Eventually you will end up preferring the taste of the vape and won't even be able to light up.
Thanks for the encouragement! I really quit cold turkey which i have tried before with gum and other nicotine substitutes and i have to say i have no cravings, smell better, and none of the food cravings i would have suspected from quitting. I took a hit off a co-workers cig two days after starting to vape and what really hit me was the nasty taste i thought i used to enjoy so much. Wish i had jumped on the band wagon long ago.
I smoked camel crush bold before I stopped smoking, I would like to say I stopped cold turkey but that would have been a lie. I actually switched to chew for about a few weeks and then got into vaping which is so much easier and cheaper in the long run.
Whitewolf2578 Wrote:I smoked camel crush bold before I stopped smoking, I would like to say I stopped cold turkey but that would have been a lie. I actually switched to chew for about a few weeks and then got into vaping which is so much easier and cheaper in the long run.

Oh man the crush lol, I loved that rush of intense menthol. To mimic it, I started out vaping Extreme Ice from http://mtbakervapor.com. It is so tasty if you like that strong menthol taste that permeates through your head.
I smoked Pall Mall menthol longs mainly. At least a pack a day.

Weaned, but by the time I was vaping 1 week I was down to 1 every 3 or so days. So it was a quick weaning. December was my first month without any, and decided 2014 would be my first official year without a single analog. Still going strong!

3. How many puffs equals to what you used to smoke in one cig?
I have absolutely no idea. I puff until I feel satisfied. Sometimes it is many puffs, sometimes it is three. I might take the time to count one day.
What didn't I smoke is probably a better question. My usual was Marlboro Gold, but I would often end up smoking a whole bunch of different types, especially in social situations.
I used to smoke around a pack a day of Malboro Gold before starting to vape.
I smoked camels and Marlboro red shorts. Occasionally New Ports if I wanted a better kick. I have not smoked cigarettes at all since going to vapor. A friend of mine smoked a pack and a half a day and went cold turkey straight to vapor and has not gone back. It's been over a year now.
Marlboro Menthol. Before that I smoked Marlboro Smooths.
Eventually you just wake up one day and just don't want to smoke cigarettes yes ofcourse I still have that craving and that's why I vape but no more ciggs.