Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vapers, the subculture that might save smokers’ lives
Very interesting read

Quote:“Smoker! We’ve got a smoker over here!”

A middle-aged man in a denim baseball hat and black faux-leather jacket stands frozen at the room’s double-door entrance, visibly aware of our eyes on him. He pulls a fresh pack of Marlboro Lights from his pants pocket.

Standing across a cluttered folding table from the man, Spike Babaian, president of the National Vapers Club, pulls the mic away from her mouth and points to the blood-red carpet. After a pause, the man drops his pack on the ground.

“Stomp it! Stomp it!” screams Babaian into the mic. Her long, goth-black hair bounces into a mess, accentuating her enthusiasm. The man erupts, bashing his foot onto the pack. “Harder!” The scene looks like something out of American History X. “It’s dead! Woooohooo!! Nice!” says Babaian. “We have a new vaper in the house.”

This is Vapefest, founded by Babaian and one of a growing number of large meetups happening around the country, devoted entirely to e-cigarettes and the life that goes with them.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/features/in...z2ypCH3YEV
It is very nice to see such devoted vaper activists. And for every converted smoker, the vaping community just becomes stronger for it. I hope groups such as these will spring up in my country as well, soon. Big Grin
This is creepy somehow, but awesome. In my opinion it's a bit too extreme and exaggerated, but it is still nice. It's a way to convince smokers to switch to vaping.
Why would it be creepy? It's really revolutionizing and I suppose it is a good thing. Innovative, actually!
Innovative, but a little bit too "brutal" in my opinion. Anyways, it's a very nice idea. I haven't got anything against it.
I love too see more and more vaper activists stepping up to the plate and making their voice for all vapers heard as well! everyone I hope knows what Hempfest is? Well if you don't then it is simply just huge amounts of people with different groups get together and smoke tons of weed! I hope to see the same thing soon but with vapes, "Vapefest" would be amazing!
2times Wrote:I love too see more and more vaper activists stepping up to the plate and making their voice for all vapers heard as well! everyone I hope knows what Hempfest is? Well if you don't then it is simply just huge amounts of people with different groups get together and smoke tons of weed! I hope to see the same thing soon but with vapes, "Vapefest" would be amazing!

Well, as long as they do this in public, it's not very nice. I mean, yeah, I get the fact that you love to smoke weed or vape or anything related to this, but don't promote it. We've already got too many smokers.
The people who are concerned about this being rude, done in public, etc. are missing the point. Vaping is a subculture that transcends the generation long smoking fad. For once, a genuinely healthier approach to smoking has been introduced, and people are making that transition. We can only hope that it continues to see popularity.
I actually love this vaping subculture concept in the sense that a community of vapers is being created and that this community is a healthier one than the regular smokers so far. Also, smokers never really had a subculture, maybe decades ago when it started, but now nothing like that exists.
This gives me the willies. If we turn vaping into some kind of semi-religious health cult like paleo and crossfit it'll just dissuade new people from taking up vaping, and get big tobacco even more aggressive in its lobbying against vaping legality.

And I wouldn't stomp a whole pack of marlboros even if a whole group of people screamed at me, they're goddamn expensive.