Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steeping...
I was reading an article today about steeping. Letting your juice sit and steep awhile with to deepen and improve the flavor, which can often be dull or muted until enough time has passed for the ingredients to fully mix and dissolve. Some e-juice companies recommend 2-4 weeks, while others claim that their e-juice is “pre-steeped. Views or opinions?
I am pretty impatient sometimes so I usually just vape my juice right after it arrives but with some of them you definitely notice sort of a chemical or alcohol smell to them and it's usually recommended that these juices are steeped to help remove that.

I had a big bottle of my daily vape liquid that I added in some rum juice to the mix, and it had this issue so I put the big bottle in a dark cabinet with the lid off for a day. I came back put the lid on and shook the heck out of it then took the lid off and put it back for another day. I did this for about 4 days and it toned down that alcohol smell quite a bit so that the rum flavor could really come through.

There is one site that sells pre-steeped juices that I want to try, it's http://www.strixelixirs.com/home.asp. I think buying pre-steeped juices may be just what I need given that I hate waiting to vape new flavors.
I'm going to have to experiment with a few juices and see if i notice a difference. Thanks for the link also i will check out the selection.
Same goes with me. I don't bother waiting even if it's recommended,
but actually I must do it once and see if there's any difference.
Tried this out with some Mount Vapor Hawke Sauce. Used my first batch when it came in two weeks ago and put the other in a cool dark place to steep. Did as you suggested and shook it once every few days also. Got it out today and tried it and i really see no noticeable difference than the same juice i had before. Maybe i should try 4 weeks.
I usually buy to use so I don't let mine sit long at all. I usually buy and moments later am putting new liquid in my chamber. I have no issues with the flavor when I use mine. I am not sure if it is better to let it sit but I have no issues with how I use mine at all.
askanison Wrote:Tried this out with some Mount Vapor Hawke Sauce. Used my first batch when it came in two weeks ago and put the other in a cool dark place to steep. Did as you suggested and shook it once every few days also. Got it out today and tried it and i really see no noticeable difference than the same juice i had before. Maybe i should try 4 weeks.
I've found that with them it really depends on what flavor you get. I got their moo juice flavor once and when it came in the mail it tasted like rotten milk and sour strawberries, but after about two weeks in a dark drawer it tasted great. Hawk sauce however tasted the same to me even though I let it sit for probably a week after I first tried it.