Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personal Opinion to Smokers
I know many smokers tend to avoid getting into vaping for many different reasons. I for one switched over to vaping about a year ago and have not bought a pack since then. It can be hard at first to get used to your new e-cig, but if you persist, vaping can replace smoking entirely. The first things you will notice is the ability to breathe in and out much easier, and maybe also a heightened sense of smell and taste. Apart from health benefits, you will also save a lot of money by not smoking anymore. What are your personal opinions about this? Was it hard to switch? Or did you not even smoke at all and just started vaping?
I myself was a 1-2 pack a day smoker for almost 15 years and I just had to finally find a way to quite. Unfortunately, I REALLY like to smoke so quitting cold turkey or using patches/gum just wasn't going to cut it.

I saw some ecigs at my local gas station and decided to give them a shot. I saw the idea behind them and it was a much better replacement than gum or patches but boy were they weak in terms of throat hit.

Once I got my first "real" vaporizer it was all over lol. The plumes of vapor, the throat hit, the taste, it was just so much better than smoking real cigs. At first, I would smoke a couple real cigs a day but after a couple months I couldn't get past a few puffs until i put the cig out and picked up my vape.

Now, almost a year later I can't imagine smoking almost two packs a day. I feel healthier, my sense of taste has improved, and i just don't feel like crap overall Smile

I do have to admit that building my collection hasn't been cheaper than smoking initially. However, now that i have my set up figured out and the materials needed to rebuild my own coils, I am now seeing a huge savings compared to buying real cigs.
I know how you felt in regards to the throat hit. I had the same experience. I also liked to smoke a lot and smoked about 2 packs a day for almost 10 years. At first vaping did not seem like a good substitute, but then I went out and bought a big clearomizer tank along with 24mg nicotine concentration e-juice and I must say the throat hit now is excellent. I have been smoking at this concentration for many months now and cigarettes for me are a non issue anymore.
Like everyone above, I couldn't envisage giving up the physical act of smoking until I met a colleague at work who was standing outside with his electronic cig. I ordered one and immediately on the first day went from 20+ a day to less 5 or 6. One week later, I went analog-free for the first time in 20 years and that was 3 years ago. Once you find the right kit and juice strength then you will get your throat hit without the killer chemicals. Vaping truly has changed my life.
TankerUK Wrote:Like everyone above, I couldn't envisage giving up the physical act of smoking until I met a colleague at work who was standing outside with his electronic cig. I ordered one and immediately on the first day went from 20+ a day to less 5 or 6. One week later, I went analog-free for the first time in 20 years and that was 3 years ago. Once you find the right kit and juice strength then you will get your throat hit without the killer chemicals. Vaping truly has changed my life.

definitely, and this is why i do things like donate old gear to family members and friends that are trying like crazy to get off analogs.
I am about to switch to E-Cigs I have tried them and still prefer actual smoking however I did enjoy the taste and the menthol coolness, I work a very stressful job and the few smoke breaks I do have need to be used for relief.

I do hope it will at least help me cut down though and I think it will.
I think it definitely will help you. Also, depending on the rules at your workplace, you might be able to vape even while you work and won`t need those cigarette breaks anymore. Also, if you like menthol cigs, there are many different taste available in e-juice as well, even different variations of menthol taste combined with something else.
I know a few of my colleagues do use their ECigs at their desks around the office. It's a bit of a grey area regarding use but it should be fine.
I think people and companies will gradually get used to people vaping while working, riding the bus or generally doing casual things. This whole culture is pretty new to anyone, I guess and just requires time until people realize that it is far favorable to smoking real cigs.
The whole idea of it being healthier would definitely help with it being accepted, don't see why some companies frown upon it yet have a smoking area? Baffles me to be honest.