Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Kayfun 3.1 on my Panzer mech mod
#1
Hi everyone,

I received my Kayfun 3.1 clone awhile back but was having some real issues with it, such as leaking, and a stripped post screw.

I found out the correct way to fill it to create the vacuum it needs to keep it from leaking and I ordered some new screws and it seems to be working well now.

How to fill it properly

[media=youtube]-Fy3ptjro4k[/media]

There are a few "wonky" things however....
  • First two of the o-rings were damaged so I had to use some spares from another RDA rebuild kit

    Second one of the post holes were drilled off center so i have no choice but to trap one of the wires under the screw and not use the hole. This is particularly tough when using something like 24 ga kanthal wire since it's so think, but i managed to get it to work.

    Thirdly, the airflow on this (even with the air flow control screw completely removed) is pretty darn tight. Lung inhales are kinda rough with such a tight draw. To counter this I built a lower resistance coil using 6 wraps of 24 ga wire so I would get a harder hit and more flavor. I started with a 1.5 ohm 28 ga coil but there was almost zero flavor and no vapor.

All in all im happy with it now, it just took some patience and a bit of google lol

[Image: JyhyAhOl.jpg]
  


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Kayfun 3.1 on my Panzer mech mod00