Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is you e-cig sturdy?
Mine is quite resistant. I have dropped it on the floor a few times and it has been barely scratched. But what about yours?
Ì've had pretty much the same experience as you.
Although, when I started vaping I used CE-4 Clearomizers and they were god- awful. Beyond abyssmal in my opinion.
They would crack at the bottom and liquid would leak, just from it sitting on the table.
So after having 4 of those leak, I switched up my tank. It's made from some hardened glass, so unless i throw it against the sidewalk I should be alright Big Grin
my variable volt mods are pretty sturdy, I still try to make sure they don't fall but that mainly because they were kind of expensive but the few times I have dropped them, they all seem fine.

My mechanical mods on the other hand, can take quite a beating because there's no actual tank and electronic parts.
I'm very much a novice and know nothing about quality e-cigs (I don't even know what brand mine is but it sure isn't quality). I was just on the intro thread complaining that my e-cig was a piece of junk but I didn't even think about if I had damaged it or not. I know I dropped it a couple of times and it didn't break right away or anything, but maybe it contributed to it not working.

I'd like to see what other people have to say about durability.
My standard EgO setup is quite resistant as well. While I had some tanks crack on me sometimes, that happens very rarely, and I think an e-cig is way more resistant then a cigarette without question. Big Grin
I am a klutz. I hate to admit that, but I am. I drop things and bump in to things. Still, mine has kept up amazingly well. I tried one really bad generic brand once and it broke ASAP. But this one is lasting me a good while. Once you find the right brand, you tend to want to stick with it.
johndavis Wrote:I am a klutz. I hate to admit that, but I am. I drop things and bump in to things. Still, mine has kept up amazingly well. I tried one really bad generic brand once and it broke ASAP. But this one is lasting me a good while. Once you find the right brand, you tend to want to stick with it.

What brand are you using John? I drop things all the time. When the Otterbox phone protector has saved me thousands so a durable e-cig would be right up my alley.
I will have to ask my boyfriend the brand he uses, but his is extremely sturdy. It isn't bulky but has decent weight to it, I would compare the feel of it to a battery. He has dropped it on numerous occasions, generally stores it on the coffee table, in his pocket or a cupholder in the car and it has held up just fine.
The reason I've asked this is because I have also seen glass e-cigs that seemed like they would break from a simple drop on the floor.
Standard tanks do indeed look like they are made out of glass, but I think it is actually plastic, and they are quite sturdy and resistant to shock and the occasional drop on the floor. I know I`ve dropped mine quite often and while some tanks cracked a bit, they never broke and became unusable. Big Grin