Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it a good gift?
I would like to know if this is a suitable gift for a smoker. Should I ask him/her first before offering the e-cig? Have you received or given one as a gift?
Takedon Wrote:I would like to know if this is a suitable gift for a smoker. Should I ask him/her first before offering the e-cig? Have you received or given one as a gift?

I think it is an awesome gift idea as long as they have the whole kit and can start using it right away. I would think that before buying it though, it might be a good idea to "feel them out" a bit to see if they even have an interest in switching to ecigs.

Maybe vape in front of them and see if they start showing that spark of interest, some people just aren't ready to quite but the ones that are, usually "perk up" when they see me using mine and then they start asking for more info about it.
You should definitely ask if he or she wants to give up smoking for vaping. Otherwise, they would just try it out and discard it, because it would not seem like smoking at all. Making the switch from smoking to vaping requires a bit of willpower and conviction.
ChrisA Wrote:You should definitely ask if he or she wants to give up smoking for vaping. Otherwise, they would just try it out and discard it, because it would not seem like smoking at all. Making the switch from smoking to vaping requires a bit of willpower and conviction.

Completely agree, it might help to bring along some of your best toys to show off how cool some of the accessories can be. I know that getting hooked on the "hobby" of vaping was a big part of getting me off cigs, unfortunately now I spend quite a bit on mods and tanks but at least I feel a whole lot better lol.
Thanks for pointing that out. I can't believe that I didn't think about it. So, as long as I'm sure that the respective person WANTS an e-cig, it's a wonderful gift, isn't it?
As a reformed smoker, I want to tell you that e cigs make a wonderful gift for smokers. Owning none is bad, owning one is good, but owning more is great.

It doesn't matter if they have one or not! They still make wonderful gifts for smokers and people already using e cigs to quit. I like having one in the house and in the car.
Definitely. If you buy a good starter kit, it would be an awesome gift. You could also up the gift and buy that person a mod. I know I would like one of those. Big Grin
ChrisA Wrote:Definitely. If you buy a good starter kit, it would be an awesome gift. You could also up the gift and buy that person a mod. I know I would like one of those. Big Grin
A starter kit? What would that one look like?
Well, my starter kit had two standard eGo batteries, two tanks fitted with coils and a 30 ml bottle of juice. I think there are other setups and starter kit variations, but this one is the basic one for anyone looking to get into vaping, I think.
Yeah, I'd ask first.
I mean, try to asses whether there is even the slighetest interest in starting to vape, otherwise it's better to help him out, getting his own.