Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Madvapes a good place to start?
My wife and I are thinking about purchasing one of the kits from madvapes.com, but I want to be absolutely sure that I am not getting us into something we will regret. We have watched some of their product demonstration videos and how-to guides, but I would really like some real user feedback. We are switching from the cheap gas station brands and really want to make sure we get started on the right foot. I would appreciate any input.
Hi there Smile

I myself have not shopped at mad vapes but when I was first starting out I used http://www.myvaporstore.com/default.asp for most of my devices and supplies. They have fast shipping and very good customer service.

As for the device selection of madvapes.com it looks kinda "all over the place" whereas myvaporstore.com may offer a better selection for the stage you are at.

I will link you the items I started out with when I switched from the cheap cig-alikes. I was very pleased with the setup and it actually lasted long enough to get me through until i switched to advanced devices. I was actually able to donate my setup to my neighbor 6 months later so he could start vaping.

This is kit i started with, on the products info page you can choose all kinds of different options but i would definitely recommend getting the Vision Spinner 2 1600 mah battery for longer life and a better hit.

For the Cartomizer options, I would get any one that says "Clearomizer" or the innokin iclear 16D.

I would also suggest that for whichever cleromizer you pick, browse their site and look for the replacement coils so you have a few extra when one is just too worn out to get a good vape from.

The coils for the iClear 16D can be found here http://www.myvaporstore.com/Atomizer_Hea...16bdah.htm

Please feel free to come back and post about what you got and how the experience went.
Thanks for the links and advice. I will definitely be back on here after I make my final decision. Just out of cuiosity, though, how long does an atomizer or cartomizer usually last?
rybitts Wrote:Thanks for the links and advice. I will definitely be back on here after I make my final decision. Just out of curiosity, though, how long does an atomizer or cartomizer usually last?

I myself only used cartomizers briefly when I was using the little cig-alikes and they only usually lasted a few days because you couldn't refill them.

The clearomizer tanks that are in the link I posted should last up to a couple weeks if you aren't a super heavy vaper. You can push them farther but the coils may be getting "gunked up" and this can affect how well it vapes.

I have seen tutorials on YouTube showing how to dry burn the coils to sort of clean them but I always ended up with a burnt taste when doing this so I just replaced the coils.