Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much did you pay?
100 dollars is the best price if you want high quality and efficiency. 50 dollars is a decent price too, but I'd recommend you all to invest some more.
I'm seeing a lot of $50-100. That's what I thought would be a good price. I've just been buying cheapos (note the plural seeing as one broke) for less than $20. I think I'm switching to vaping for good so I'll have to expand my price range.
100 dollars for me as well. I got the a standard eGo kit with two batteries, two tanks, a 30 ml bottle of nicotine concentration of my choice and a recharger plus USB cable. I think it is a fair starting price, seeing that a pack of cigs costs nearly 5 euro`s/day.
rracz89 Wrote:I heard you can get a good vape pen for about 35 dollars for everything. Although I am really new, I'm not sure 100 dollars is a good price. I would think that's way expensive unless its some crazy good one. Then again the reason I am here is to learn about them and to see which are best for me. Hope you find what you're looking for.

$35 definitely sounds good to me. I am also new and I have a really cheap one. I'm just kind of wondering where the extra money goes. What exactly is it that makes one $35 and another $100?
My boyfriend started out with the $35 one and it was actually a bit more than he wanted to spend, he didn't have much success with it and after 3 weeks he realized it was a dud. He saved up for something more expensive, went to a shop that specializes in vaping and paid $125. I don't know the exact differences between something that is $35 vs $100 but if nothing else the $100 has longevity which will save you money in the long run.
cerebral79 Wrote:If you want to get away from the vape pen and move into the mod/tank side of things 200 bucks is a nice budget but you can get a whole set up for 50 to 100 dollars (a full vape pen setup if a lot less).

I just went to my favorite vape e-shop and priced out a few good items and it came out to just under $180. I will post the links below.

Mod

Batteries - These are currently the most recommened for safety as far as the vaping community is concerned

Here is the flat top ones

Charger

Tank

For vape pen kits, I used this one which has lots of color options and is adjustable so i could run at anywhere from 3 ish volts up to like 4.8

The whole kit starts at $69.95 on sale.

This one, made by Innokin might be another good vape pen kit, it's listed at $56.81

In the end I would recommend an actual mod like the one listed at the top of the post because with those you can change your batteries out instead of buying a whole new vape pen body, additionally you can charge them on a safe charger (wheread the vape pens are charged via usb typically, and not all of them know when to stop charging).
Did you actually build it like you build a PC? Wow, this is interesting. I applaud you for doing it and thanks for sharing the products too.
I only paid 16 euro for mine in a small shop. It has a small battery but it was well worth the buy, works perfectly. I would never pay around 100 upwards for one, too much money. The one I bought for 16 euro is fine and there's no problems with it.
Takedon Wrote:Did you actually build it like you build a PC? Wow, this is interesting. I applaud you for doing it and thanks for sharing the products too.

Sorry for the late reply. Yep I kinds looked at it like I was building a new pc. I went for the different parts I thought would work best, based on reviews that I read.

Unfortunately, that lead to me wanting to try other devices and parts so I kinda started collecting lol.
cerebral79 Wrote:
Takedon Wrote:Did you actually build it like you build a PC? Wow, this is interesting. I applaud you for doing it and thanks for sharing the products too.

Sorry for the late reply. Yep I kinds looked at it like I was building a new pc. I went for the different parts I thought would work best, based on reviews that I read.

Unfortunately, that lead to me wanting to try other devices and parts so I kinda started collecting lol.
Wow, this is really interesting. But does it have any other advantage except the pleasure of collecting pieces? Is it actually cheaper?
I think, while not actually cheaper, custom made e-cigs probably produce more vapors and are generally more satisfying then stock e-cigs. Just take a look at the videos posted here in the forums. The amounts of vapors some guys create with their custom built gear is just crazy. Big Grin