Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much did you pay?
I haven't paid for mine more than 100 dollars. Is this a good price?
Lithium Wrote:I haven't paid for mine more than 100 dollars. Is this a good price?

If you are using a variable volt/watt or mechanical mod and that 100 dollars includes the tank, ejuice, batteries, and charger then that's not a bad deal at all.

Even a good vape pen with all the accessories and juice would run between 50-100+ dollars I would imagine.

What is your current set up, equipment wise?
I've chosen to pay 200 dollars, just because I want a better atomizer and a good flavor. Many people say it's a waste, I say it's a good choice.
I heard you can get a good vape pen for about 35 dollars for everything. Although I am really new, I'm not sure 100 dollars is a good price. I would think that's way expensive unless its some crazy good one. Then again the reason I am here is to learn about them and to see which are best for me. Hope you find what you're looking for.
If you want to get away from the vape pen and move into the mod/tank side of things 200 bucks is a nice budget but you can get a whole set up for 50 to 100 dollars (a full vape pen setup if a lot less).

I just went to my favorite vape e-shop and priced out a few good items and it came out to just under $180. I will post the links below.

Mod

Batteries - These are currently the most recommened for safety as far as the vaping community is concerned

Here is the flat top ones

Charger

Tank

For vape pen kits, I used this one which has lots of color options and is adjustable so i could run at anywhere from 3 ish volts up to like 4.8

The whole kit starts at $69.95 on sale.

This one, made by Innokin might be another good vape pen kit, it's listed at $56.81

In the end I would recommend an actual mod like the one listed at the top of the post because with those you can change your batteries out instead of buying a whole new vape pen body, additionally you can charge them on a safe charger (wheread the vape pens are charged via usb typically, and not all of them know when to stop charging).
How would I go about deciding what to buy? I'm so new that I don't even know what to look for! Do you have any favorite sites that offer a good beginners kit for someone like me who has smoked cigarettes and cigars but is looking to make the switch?
BryanCassidy Wrote:How would I go about deciding what to buy? I'm so new that I don't even know what to look for! Do you have any favorite sites that offer a good beginners kit for someone like me who has smoked cigarettes and cigars but is looking to make the switch?

I typically do most of my shopping at http://www.myvaporstore.com/default.asp but their starter kits page only has a few that I would recommend. The rest use the disposable cartomizer cartridges that are shaped like the butt of a cig and those run out fast and you have to keep replacing them.

Basically, what I would look for is a kit that comes with a Variable Voltage body, a tank (instead of those cartridge things), and a charger or some sort.

The ones on that starter kit page that I would recommend are:

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spin ... /vvs-c.htm

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Joyetech_Jo ... 0-kred.htm

LOL i just realize I am not actually answering your question. To be more helpful, I should probably ask what your min/max budget is and if you prefer something smaller or larger like a cigar (they wont look like one but similar in size.
Usually, anything that's beyond 100 dollars is high quality and should never be underestimated. In my country, most vapers are cheaper than 100 dollars, which is bad.
I heard you can get a decent vape for around $40 dollars, you don't need to spend more than that for the complete set.
A complete basic set, with 2 CE-4 Clearomizers and 2 eGo-T 1100 mAh batteries cost me around 50$, wher eI bought it.
I might have been able to get it a bit cheaper though.