Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long did it take you to get down to 0 nicotine?
I've seen that some people on this forum have managed to quit smoking by reducing the amount of nicotine until it got down to 0. How long did it take you? Was it hard? I'd like to do it too, and I want some further information about this process.
It took me a few months because I slowly kept adding 0mg juice to my big bottle of 8mg juice. It wasn't really that bad for me, no crazy withdrawal symptoms or anything like that.

I think by diluting a higher nic juice over time it may be easier than just instantly stepping down to something lower and then just end up vaping a lot more.
Well, congrats on your nice progress! I want to do this, but I'm only on the start of my vaping journey. Any suggestions?
derailed Wrote:Well, congrats on your nice progress! I want to do this, but I'm only on the start of my vaping journey. Any suggestions?

Just gradually lower it. I went down a few mg's a week and that worked for me. Like cerebral said, refill it with 0mg. Eventually I didn't even notice until I realized I was smoking 0.
J3NN4 Wrote:
derailed Wrote:Well, congrats on your nice progress! I want to do this, but I'm only on the start of my vaping journey. Any suggestions?

Just gradually lower it. I went down a few mg's a week and that worked for me. Like cerebral said, refill it with 0mg. Eventually I didn't even notice until I realized I was smoking 0.

Well, that's a nice realization. Hm, I've started doing it, but still I cannot get used to it, and put a higher concentration. I guess I will just have to wait for when I'm ready.
Mine was the complete opposite! I started at 0 nicotine, and was at the store and said "hey, why not try a little nicotine"? I ended up getting addicted and am now working my way back down to 0. Slowly, but gradually!
I am finally going to be making the transition to 0 nicotine this week. I am finding that the only habit I have left is just the hand to mouth habit, not so much the nicotine anymore. Big Grin
alexiskilgannon Wrote:I am finally going to be making the transition to 0 nicotine this week. I am finding that the only habit I have left is just the hand to mouth habit, not so much the nicotine anymore. Big Grin

Good luck! And I guess we all have this habit. And blowing out clouds of smoke is also very nice (and artistic).
I'm still pretty new to vaping so I'm still using a substantial amount. I am definitely working on it, but it is hard. Nicotine itself is what makes cigarettes so addicting, so it would only make sense for it to be hard to reduce the amount of nicotine more and more every time!
I'm not officially at 0mg now, but I'm definitely getting closer to the point where higher nicotine levels seems too strong for me now. I used my friend's 0mg liquid a couple days ago and still enjoyed it even without the nicotine, so I'd say I could switch soon and be perfectly fine.