Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do people react when they see you?
In Europe, most of them are usually astonished by this alien piece of technology. I don't know why, but they've always been amazed by vapers.
Amazement would be well and good, but many people feel outright afraid of e-cigs here in my country. They think it might be some kind of new drug. You won`t believe the things I`ve heard getting spread around about e-cigs and vapers. It is crazy.
Yeah, I'm in the EU as well and I do get looks at times.
Seems to be most prevalent when i'm vaping indoor, like a big train station.
"You can smoke... indoor.." *brain explodes* Big Grin
Actually, you can put weed in there. I'm not going to try it, though. But a lot of people are reluctant when they see this and I've also been asked by a police officer what I have there.
Laksefar Wrote:Yeah, I'm in the EU as well and I do get looks at times.
Seems to be most prevalent when i'm vaping indoor, like a big train station.
"You can smoke... indoor.." *brain explodes* Big Grin

You could try vaping on the bus and check peoples reactions. I always wanted to try that out myself. I`m waiting for a day when I`m really angry about something, so I`m prepared for the verbal fighting that I would get. Big Grin
I have taken a hit or two off my e-cig while in the car but, as a rule, I don't normally vape while away from home. Next time I do so, though, I will try to look at people in other cars to see if they are watching me, or if they are reacting to my using my e-cig in my own car!

I don't expect to really see any odd reactions because our children are all grown. I'd expect huge reactions if I was vaping in an enclosed space with 5 year olds in the back seat, though!
I get looks a lot but that's because I wait for someone to pull up alongside me and then I blow a big cloud. Nah but seriously, I try not to vape where I wouldn't smoke a real cig, but i will make an exception when I see a smoker. I will pull out my vape and start hitting it hard, hoping to get them to strike up a conversation.
The only bad thing I've seen is from children. When they see me, they want to try it too and see how much smoke they can 'make'.
I always get a few dirty looks from people when I'm walking down the road vaping. But most people won't mind and know what it is so they don't really care.
I`ve noticed a trend with old people who always give me angry looks when they see me vaping. I think it is a generational thing, and they can`t really cope yet with an electronic device that creates "smokes". Maybe in time they will.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do the people in your area use these? Takedon 15 2,572 07-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Last Post: elmarianexx