Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do people react when they see you?
In Europe, most of them are usually astonished by this alien piece of technology. I don't know why, but they've always been amazed by vapers.
Amazement would be well and good, but many people feel outright afraid of e-cigs here in my country. They think it might be some kind of new drug. You won`t believe the things I`ve heard getting spread around about e-cigs and vapers. It is crazy.
Yeah, I'm in the EU as well and I do get looks at times.
Seems to be most prevalent when i'm vaping indoor, like a big train station.
"You can smoke... indoor.." *brain explodes* Big Grin
Actually, you can put weed in there. I'm not going to try it, though. But a lot of people are reluctant when they see this and I've also been asked by a police officer what I have there.
Laksefar Wrote:Yeah, I'm in the EU as well and I do get looks at times.
Seems to be most prevalent when i'm vaping indoor, like a big train station.
"You can smoke... indoor.." *brain explodes* Big Grin

You could try vaping on the bus and check peoples reactions. I always wanted to try that out myself. I`m waiting for a day when I`m really angry about something, so I`m prepared for the verbal fighting that I would get. Big Grin
I have taken a hit or two off my e-cig while in the car but, as a rule, I don't normally vape while away from home. Next time I do so, though, I will try to look at people in other cars to see if they are watching me, or if they are reacting to my using my e-cig in my own car!

I don't expect to really see any odd reactions because our children are all grown. I'd expect huge reactions if I was vaping in an enclosed space with 5 year olds in the back seat, though!
I get looks a lot but that's because I wait for someone to pull up alongside me and then I blow a big cloud. Nah but seriously, I try not to vape where I wouldn't smoke a real cig, but i will make an exception when I see a smoker. I will pull out my vape and start hitting it hard, hoping to get them to strike up a conversation.
The only bad thing I've seen is from children. When they see me, they want to try it too and see how much smoke they can 'make'.
I always get a few dirty looks from people when I'm walking down the road vaping. But most people won't mind and know what it is so they don't really care.
I`ve noticed a trend with old people who always give me angry looks when they see me vaping. I think it is a generational thing, and they can`t really cope yet with an electronic device that creates "smokes". Maybe in time they will.