Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Health Reasons Or The Social Scene
How many here are vaping because they are trying to quit smoking regular cigarettes?

How many vapers do you think are doing this simply because their friends do it?

This business has all grown so fast that I find it hard to believe that every single person who buys a kit, does so just for the health benefits.
I guess a little of both for me. I smoke, and I've been trying to quit unsuccessfully for a long time. Vaping seemed like a good stepping stone, and while I haven't been able to quit, it's definitely allowed me to cut back a lot. I never would have bought a kit if my wife hadn't bought one too, though. Plus, I really enjoy all the flavors. That's what really sold it for me. I like flavored cigars and clove cigarettes in addition to my standard Marlboros, and vaping is like that but without the smoke! I couldn't say no.
RedCinn Wrote:How many here are vaping because they are trying to quit smoking regular cigarettes?

How many vapers do you think are doing this simply because their friends do it?

This business has all grown so fast that I find it hard to believe that every single person who buys a kit, does so just for the health benefits.

I think that there are two groups, those over say 18ish and those that are teenagers in school to consider.

Without researching it a bit, I believe honestly that the majority of adults that are vaping are trying to quit smoking but my 17 year old son has told me many times that a lot of his high school friends are vaping now and some of them never smoked cigs.

But to be fair he did say that even the majority of his school friends had smoked anywhere from casually to full on pack a day habits so it's really had to say.

I think in the near future you will see a rise in people getting into vaping zero nic juice just to do tricks and join in on the sub culture that has formed around vaping, it is after all a very social activity so I can see how it might be attractive to some people that never even smoked a real cig.
I started vaping because I wanted to quit smoking cigarettes. Some people probably started vaping because their friends were doing it and that's okay. I have noticed that vaping is becoming more and more popular so that means a lot of people are going to be doing it because other people are doing it. I personally like vaping way better than smoking cigarettes. I can enjoy vaping pretty much anywhere I want because it's more acceptable than cigarettes at most places.
Both. Although I try to quit smoking, I still smoke regular cigarettes. Also most of my friends do it, so it's also the social part here. But I guess I will keep on vaping as my lungs don't hurt that much anymore. And you can also do it inside!
I'd say both. I use ecigs for health reasons and social. Though I don't use it just because my friends does and to jump in the the vape bandwagon. I smoke alone though sometimes use it as an alibi to go on breaks more often or to hang out with friends, regardless if they're actual cigarettes or electric. That's why I say I smoke socially.
I agree, I think that are two good reasons to vape. I think that ideally we should vape to quit smoking, but the fact is many people are also vaping because it looks good and because they enjoy it even if they were not smokers before.
I started because my friend introduced me to it. She let me try her e-cig and it was great. I've been doing it off and on. Smile
I started vaping because cigarettes got so expensive. Health concerns were a distant second reason.

I started with a Crown7, pen style ecig that I found online. I was buying liquid through the same site but got tired of timing my reorders to keep cartridges in the house, so I found a shop in town and started buying liquid from them.

I got my newest ecig , a Kanger, at the same shop.
For me, it's almost a mix of both. I smoked regular cigarettes first, but luckily was never truly addicted to them. I just liked the actual experience. I switched to vaping because in the end it's better for me, and it's not worth it to actually smoke for no good reason. I can also get lower nicotine, since the vaping experience is more important to me than how much nicotine I'm ingesting.