Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Ranks
Staff
I was tossing around the ideas of setting up forum ranks because, although I don't really care about such things, I wanted to at least bring them to the group. Below are the ranks I came up with, PLEASE feel free to reply with your thoughts on the ranks and I can adjust them accordingly.

- New Vaper 0
- Intermediate Vaper 100
- Advanced Vaper 500
- Elite Vaper 1000
- Vape God 2000

Higher than this gets you mod status but of course mod status can be awarded earlier if someone shows a real interest in being a mod, just pm me to talk more about mod status.
The rank names are very good. Do you want to base rank of off number of posts posted? Or how do you want to give out points?
Staff
ChrisA Wrote:The rank names are very good. Do you want to base rank of off number of posts posted? Or how do you want to give out points?

I was thinking of basing it off number of posts like all other forums but the ones I came up with kinda make it sound like your posts dictate your knowledge of vaping which doesnt make sense. I might go back to something like

new poster
intermediate poster
advanced poster
elite poster
veteran poster

im not sure.
Well, 2000 posts sound like a lot for the highest rank. Big Grin Maybe you could base it of off activity/day or seniority on the forums.
Staff
ChrisA Wrote:Well, 2000 posts sound like a lot for the highest rank. Big Grin Maybe you could base it of off activity/day or seniority on the forums.

Ah i agree but that kind of logic isnt built into the software to assign ranks, I would have to assign ranks like that by hand. From my experience over the past few years using various forums it actually doesn't take long to hit that number of posts but it does in fact take dedication.

I will keep the rank topic open and consider creating a small group of new ranks for people like yourself that I can manually manage. The ones I posted in the OP are more generic like the ones you see on other forums just to see how active ppl are.

I will keep you all posted.
Staff
ok, simplified the ranks a bit.

New Member 0-49 posts
Full Member 50+ posts
Ultra Member 1000+ posts
Vape God 2000+ posts
admin Wrote:ok, simplified the ranks a bit.

New Member 0-49 posts
Full Member 50+ posts
Ultra Member 1000+ posts
Vape God 2000+ posts

Seems good !
Always a nice additon to have some ranks, to show off Big Grin

New Member 0-49 posts
Full Member 50+ posts
Ultra Member 1000+ posts
Vape God 2000+ posts

I think that the gap between Full Member and Ultra Member is too large. A rank in between at like 200-500+ posts would be appropriate I feel.
Staff
Erikkoii Wrote:

New Member 0-49 posts
Full Member 50+ posts
Ultra Member 1000+ posts
Vape God 2000+ posts

I think that the gap between Full Member and Ultra Member is too large. A rank in between at like 200-500+ posts would be appropriate I feel.

I think you are right, I will get one added shortly.
Staff
Ok so here is what I came up with so far. I know the numbers may seem high but I wanted to set them up for the long term. Feel free to post suggestions

New Member 0
Full Member 50
Advanced Member 100
Elite Member 400
Ultra Member 1000
Vape God 2000