Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E-Cigarette Poisoning on the Rise, CDC Says
Here we go again all, another big bad scary headline to try to freak people out lol. It's worth a read, but in the end it pretty much all comes down to kids getting exposed to the nicotine/ejuice in the ecigs.

Like the article said, it's really no different than keeping things like bleach, and other hazardous chemicals out of your children s reach.

Check out the full article here

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2014/...-cdc-says/
I love the "most dangerous consumer product on the market" flag. Just like all new products, there will be a period of adjustment as people rearrange their lives.

I am surprised we don't hear more of scary E-cig stories, but something tells me it's not for a lack of trying. Seems they might be having trouble coming up with them!
As another example, just look at the new, innovative Tesla V car : it's an electric car that saves you a lot of money and achieves the same performances of a gasoline car. But people are afraid of change and usually say that new things are bad/dangerous/inferior.
I`ve never heard about e-cig poisoning before. It is really interesting what all those vaping haters come up with.
ChrisA Wrote:I`ve never heard about e-cig poisoning before. It is really interesting what all those vaping haters come up with.

it's too bad that parents cant keep their ejuice out of sight like most do with medications they wouldn't want their kids to eat/drink because they look like candy. Carelessness is usually the reason things like this are even available to be used as ammo against vapers.
cerebral79 Wrote:
ChrisA Wrote:I`ve never heard about e-cig poisoning before. It is really interesting what all those vaping haters come up with.

it's too bad that parents cant keep their ejuice out of sight like most do with medications they wouldn't want their kids to eat/drink because they look like candy. Carelessness is usually the reason things like this are even available to be used as ammo against vapers.

So much this! It's like banning cars because people are drunk driving. Would people go nuts about some kid eating some pills and get poisoned? Probably, but not a single person would blame the drug.
Erikkoii Wrote:
cerebral79 Wrote:

So much this! It's like banning cars because people are drunk driving. Would people go nuts about some kid eating some pills and get poisoned? Probably, but not a single person would blame the drug.

Yep, unfortunately the ANTZ (Anti Nicotine and Tobacco Zealots) are out for blood and any little thing they can use is free game lol.
Is there any serious proof of its danger after all? Because I choose not to believe this article, since it doesn't have sustainable evidence.
There is no serious or tangible proof of things such as these. The only real proof available, is that e-cigs are actually healthier then regular smokes. That is one of the reasons I cannot really understand anti-vaping campaigns like these.
Sometimes I think these killjoys just bounce around on their mini-trampolines with wheatgrass stuffed in their ears trying to stop anybody having any goddamn fun with their lives. I've gotten nicotine highs from vapers, but nothing more than I'd get when I smoked tobacco.