Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can an e-cig be a long term replacement for cigarettes?
Does anyone have any experience/words of wisdom using an e-cig for a significant period of time and not going back to smoking cigarettes? My boyfriend is trying to use e-cigs as a replacement for cigarettes and he's doing well so far, but I wonder if this is something he could keep up for years?
I think it depends on wether he likes vaping or not.

For me it was really easy to get off when I found some juices that I liked. This made me hate the taste and smell of cigarettes, which made it easy to keep vaping.

Problem is now that I might be addicted to vaping. :mrgreen:
forextraspecialstuff Wrote:Does anyone have any experience/words of wisdom using an e-cig for a significant period of time and not going back to smoking cigarettes? My boyfriend is trying to use e-cigs as a replacement for cigarettes and he's doing well so far, but I wonder if this is something he could keep up for years?

I'm definitely addicted to vaping and im almost off nicotine completely lol.

No but in all seriousness, this could be something that will finally let him stop smoking and never look back.

For me, as a full flavor menthol smoker that REALLY liked to smoke, it was all about the juice and the right vaporizer. Additionally, when starting out I had to make sure to keep my vape close during those crucial times such as after eating, first thing in the morning, etc. Doing this for a few weeks while only smoking a few at random times, will eventually lead to forgetting to light up a real cig for longer periods of time.

I found a good tobacco juice and mixed it with some Extreme Ice from mtbakervapor.com. Regular menthol flavored juices didnt cut it, I needed the extreme ice to get it to where my real menthol cigs were, mint wise.

I made sure to order the juice in a 50/50 blend so that I got that really nice throat hit and nice amounts of vapor to go with it. Having a little more vapor than what you get with a real cig was enticing to me and kept me vaping

As for the nicotine, just make sure he doesn't downgrade the mg amount to fast, there is no rush. Right now it's all about breaking the physical habit of smoking first.

After 7 months, I can't bear to light up a real cig let alone smoke the thing, and I have tried a few times just to check my progress. I end up having to wash my mouth out with a good hit off my vape lol.
It really depends. You said he's trying, but he's not doing well. So at this point, you need to pinpoint WHY it's not working very well for him.

For example, does he not like the flavor? Is it the weight of the device? My mom actually had trouble switching the first time because she missed the physical action of striking the lighter. When she switched to a device that had the same "clicking" sound as striking a lighter, she realized that it made it a little easier for her, as silly as that might sound.
cerebral79 Wrote:
forextraspecialstuff Wrote:Does anyone have any experience/words of wisdom using an e-cig for a significant period of time and not going back to smoking cigarettes? My boyfriend is trying to use e-cigs as a replacement for cigarettes and he's doing well so far, but I wonder if this is something he could keep up for years?

I'm definitely addicted to vaping and im almost off nicotine completely lol.

No but in all seriousness, this could be something that will finally let him stop smoking and never look back.

For me, as a full flavor menthol smoker that REALLY liked to smoke, it was all about the juice and the right vaporizer. Additionally, when starting out I had to make sure to keep my vape close during those crucial times such as after eating, first thing in the morning, etc. Doing this for a few weeks while only smoking a few at random times, will eventually lead to forgetting to light up a real cig for longer periods of time.

I found a good tobacco juice and mixed it with some Extreme Ice from mtbakervapor.com. Regular menthol flavored juices didnt cut it, I needed the extreme ice to get it to where my real menthol cigs were, mint wise.

I made sure to order the juice in a 50/50 blend so that I got that really nice throat hit and nice amounts of vapor to go with it. Having a little more vapor than what you get with a real cig was enticing to me and kept me vaping

As for the nicotine, just make sure he doesn't downgrade the mg amount to fast, there is no rush. Right now it's all about breaking the physical habit of smoking first.

After 7 months, I can't bear to light up a real cig let alone smoke the thing, and I have tried a few times just to check my progress. I end up having to wash my mouth out with a good hit off my vape lol.

Thanks for the response, I will definitely pass it along. I'm going to have to make sure he keeps his vape close because after meals, a stressful day at work, etc I can tell he is itching for a cigarette.
Do you smoke inside? If not, it's another great argument for vaping!
Yes. You can slowly dose off the nicotine level until it reaches 0, you will save yourself a lot of money and after a month of vaping you will get used to it and you will love it more than cigars!
I think that it can.
If you see smoking as a habit that involves inhaling stuff, vaping might as well be another habit of the same kind.
I know a couple of people who have started vaping without ever having smoked. I actually thing that vaping might be the "smoking fo the future"
From personal experience, I would say, definitely yes. I used to smoke about 2 packs every day for nearly 15 years. Once I got into vaping, I haven`t spent a single dime on a pack of cigarettes for 1 year. Vaping is the only thing that ever helped me get off cigs and it is still doing it`s job. I would recommend it to anyone looking to get off smoking.
It depends on the person as well. Some people might be just afraid to change, while the other will never feel good without the taste of a real cigar in their mouth.