Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are electronic cigarettes bad for you? The shocking truth.
This is one interesting read, and provides some great arguments to use when someone comes preaching about the evils of vaping.

http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/ashtra...r-you.html
Re: Are electronic cigarettes bad for you? The shocking trut

E-cigarettes are safer than analogs? I would've never guessed. :mrgreen:

I've always thought they weren't bad for me at all, I don't see what is in them that can be bad but I guess there's some stuff in it that makes it unhealthy.

I find it really sad that vaping gets bashed so much and analogs do not. People just seem to have gotten used to smokes, but if something new and healthier comes along, so do the nay-sayers and critiques and start entire campaigns up to stop this new and "dangerous" thing. Very silly in my opinion.

The real question is: is anything healthy nowadays? Even the food we eat is not natural or healthy. Yes, vaping also has its ups and downs, but that doesn't mean it's not safer than regular smoking (or fast-food).

derailed Wrote:The real question is: is anything healthy nowadays? Even the food we eat is not natural or healthy. Yes, vaping also has its ups and downs, but that doesn't mean it's not safer than regular smoking (or fast-food).
If we compare it to regular smoking, vaping is definitely better. However, if you aren't a smoker, you should never start these habits.

Takedon Wrote:
derailed Wrote:The real question is: is anything healthy nowadays? Even the food we eat is not natural or healthy. Yes, vaping also has its ups and downs, but that doesn't mean it's not safer than regular smoking (or fast-food).
If we compare it to regular smoking, vaping is definitely better. However, if you aren't a smoker, you should never start these habits.

Well, I've seen people who only vaped 0 nicotine concentration, just to look cool. It's pretty childish in my opinion, but it's an option if you want to do some smoke tricks without starting to smoke.

I think one could take up vaping just for fun, even if he or she hasn`t smoked at all. I think vaping 0 mg concentration liquids, just for the flavor or enjoyment is pretty ok, in my opinion.

ChrisA Wrote:I think one could take up vaping just for fun, even if he or she hasn`t smoked at all. I think vaping 0 mg concentration liquids, just for the flavor or enjoyment is pretty ok, in my opinion.

Is it not sort of how people treat hookah's?

One of my old roommates had never smoked a cigarette in his life, but really enjoyed going to hookah bar's occasionally, and when vaping got big, he did that, too.

I think the reason people are against it so much is they're not really educated about it, or it seems scary and foreign to them. My step father was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago, had been a smoker all his life pretty much (smoked Winston Red's, harsh) and the cancer had just eat up his lungs. I saw his x-rays, saw the scans, I know what smoking did to him, and I just can't wrap my head around why people are okay with smoking cigarettes, knowing what that does, but when it comes to e-cigs, they're freaked out by it and think it's the worst thing you could do to your body?

ChrisA Wrote:I think one could take up vaping just for fun, even if he or she hasn`t smoked at all. I think vaping 0 mg concentration liquids, just for the flavor or enjoyment is pretty ok, in my opinion.

Yeah, I know it's fun, but most people would eventually try nicotine afterwards, just to see the difference. And they'll become addicted. And it's very hard to quit.